The following information has been received from the Volunteer & Neighbourhood Watch Liaison Officer at East Kent Police
Alert! A doorstep criminal is currently operating in the Hartley area of Sevenoaks. We have had a report from our Community Warden that a woman in her 80s was cold-called by a dark-haired male with no distinctive accent, trying to sell her face masks and other items.
With the new safety rules of covering your face when travelling on public transport becoming mandatory on 15 June, criminals are seeing it as a perfect opportunity to con people out of money. Be aware that scams will be taking place not only on the doorstep but also via email and telephone.
- Do not open the door to cold callers
- Do not buy anything from them
- Never give any personal details
- If you have been a victim of this scam report to Kent Police on 101
- If you ask them to leave and they don’t then call 999.