Fawkham Village Hall is available for hire. You can hire it by the hour, day or any part of a day or make a regular booking for a class, club or other activity. The hiring rates are very reasonable and some of the lowest in the area.
The hall is conveniently located near Fawkham Primary School and at the centre of the village. Postcode DA3 8NA.
There is a main hall with optional self-erect stage, kitchen with cooker and fridge/freezer and toilets including a separate disabled toilet with a baby change station, plus a car park with external lighting.
The hall has undergone an extensive refurbishment during 2020, with a new kitchen installed, new flooring throughout, new ladies/gents/disabled toilets and sinks, the addition of a baby change unit, new lighting and new paintwork. See the photos below.
2021 Weekday rate/hour 2021 Weekend rate/hour
Fawkham resident £11 £12
Non-Fawkham resident £13 £15
Day Rate £150
Fri/Sat eve hire (6pm onwards) £100
Commercial Day Rate £275
Bespoke pricing may be available to meet any special requirements.
Please contact Grace Champion to verify availability and to obtain a hiring agreement form. Tel: 07503 651138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See information on the regular clubs and classes which use the hall.
Main Hall Dimensions:
Length 17.0m 55 feet 6 inches
Width 7.6m 25 feet
Clear Height 2.6m 8 feet 6 inches
These dimensions are accurate but if size is critical it would be wise to check that what you are proposing will fit. The south facing wall of the hall consists of end to end windows which give very good natural daylight, perfect for artists and visual displays. Draw curtains are installed to all windows.
- There is some limited lockable space for regular users to leave equipment.
- There are 16 tables and over 100 chairs.
- A small self-erect stage is available for a DJ or small band.
- Lighting is by LEDs.
- Heating is by high level infra red heaters which provide immediate warmth by radiation and quickly heat the hall even in very cold weather (14 x 1KW).
- There are 12 x 230V 13A socket outlets (6 doubles) distributed around the hall. The electrical installation is professionally inspected and tested by a NIC EIC approved contractor annually.
The large L-shaped kitchen has:
- Fitted cupboards and lots of worktop space, fitted in 2020 with the help of a grant from KCC
- A double width range cooker, installed in 2019 with a grant from a Brands Hatch Families Day
- Double-glazed windows fitted March 2017
- Fridge / Freezer and a second under-counter fridge
- Stainless steel sink with H&C water
- A separate hand wash basin
- Dishwasher with a quick wash function
- Large electric water urn for hot drinks
- Electric kettle plus large aluminium teapots
- Large range of china and cutlery available
- No cooking equipment such as trays, pans and tools.
- There is a Ladies toilet with two WCs and hand basin with H&C water
- Gents with two urinals, a child’s urinal and one WC and hand basin with H&C water
- Disabled toilet with WC and hand basin with H&C, with an alarm fitted. A baby change unit is also available.
- All consumables are included in the hiring fee.
- There is an entrance foyer with two noticeboards and coat hooks
- There is no landline phone
- Up to date annual inspections of electrical installation and fire protection equipment are undertaken
- The hall is cleaned weekly and a “Henry” style vacuum cleaner, brushes and brooms etc. are available for clients to clean after their events
- All refuse is to be removed by hirer, as there is no refuse collection from the hall. Please see Conditions of Hire.
Fawkham Village hall is a registered charity (number 802536), for which Fawkham Parish Council is Sole Trustee. The Hall was built in the early 1980s using funds raised by parishioners through local events and donations. The fabric of the building was bought at a peppercorn cost from Essex County Council and was previously a field studies centre located in Surrey. It replaced a previous village hall that was a WW1 army building located where numbers 5 to 7 Six Acre Cottages now stand.
The hall received grant funding from Sevenoaks DC for the attached storage rooms, disabled toilet and access improvements. Grants have been received from Kent CC for the replacement windows on the front elevation and for the refurbishment of the kitchen. Brands Hatch circuit donated funds from their 2016 Family Day proceeds to support the purchase of a larger cooker. We express sincere thanks and gratitude for these generous contributions.