We are lucky in Fawkham to have many footpaths which provide for some beautiful walks. We have 5.87 miles or 9.44km of public rights of way within the Parish (with several of these footpaths extending further beyond the parish boundary). These can all be seen on this Map showing the Public Rights of Way in Fawkham.
Many people mentioned in a village survey of 2019 that they enjoy walking the footpaths in and around Fawkham, although some weren’t certain where the best walks were. So the Parish Council thought it would be good to organise some group walks, where people can meet other villagers and explore different parts of the village, in different seasons.
- Head towards the lych gate onto Valley Road, crossing over the road to the footpath. Follow this diagonally uphill, through a gate, and across another field to a stile at the entrance to Churchdown Wood.
- Follow the path all the way through the woods until you see a field. Turn left, staying within the Wood and follow this path until you reach a field again.
- Follow the footpath diagonally down the hill, heading towards the Old Rectory.
- Cross over Valley Road and walk a short distance down the entrance road to Corinthians Sports Club, before crossing a stile on your right. Walk through the wooded area, keeping within the markers, until you emerge onto Pennis Lane. Turn left and follow the tarmac lane down through the Corinthians/Gay Dawn Farm complex, past the sports hall.
- Follow the marked footpath for a short distance across the golf course, and head up into woods again. Follow this path up to the top, where you make a left hand turn (turning right here would take you to the Ash Rd in Hartley).
- Keep following the footpath which heads down through woods and then alongside a horse field, where you pass through two sets of metal gates.
- When you reach the end of the path you emerge onto Castle Hill. Turn left and you are back at the meadow behind the church.